maandag 27 juli 2009

HTC Hero delayed, again...

I've used Windows Mobile for a couple of years and wanted to try something different. Not that WinMo is that bad, but I just want to find if there is something with a better user interface and still give me the flexibility I want. So I found the Palm Pre and saw some finger licking video's of it, I like! What a beatiful device! But it's only to arrive in the Netherlands at around christmas time. Since I'm not the kind of guy with a six pack of patience I started to explore Android. For what I've seen from it, it's very promising. I wanted to give it a try so last week I pre-ordered the HTC Hero.

When I pre-ordered I already knew there were some troubles with the delivery of the phone. It was already delayed by two weeks I believe. But then a webshop showed 'delivery within 1 day', this together with rumors that it really was going to happen! I could not resist...

Unfortunately it's delayed again! Rumors say it might have something to do with a conflict between HTC and Google, others say HTC is busy with a last minute firmware update. HTC however says nothing. In my mind that's a very stupid thing to do. If you want to make your customers happy, then be honest! What's there to hide? Could it be a marketing action, I mean a very bad marketing action? If HTC is creating a hype around this phone, why not hyping with some positive news then?

On the other hand, negative attention is still attention, hmmkay!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten